If there’s one thing Riverina Oils is passionate about, it’s giving back to our community. To demonstrate this, we’ve partnered with Charles Sturt University and pledged $100,00 in scholarship programs for their students over the course of 4 years.
Encouraging young people to pursue careers in Agribusiness is essential for the future of our industry, particularly, those in our Indigenous communities. We want to support Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander peoples to seek pathways that guide them into the workforce, fostering careers, not just jobs. Our aim is to help and contribute to a generational change in our Indigenous communities, as well as provide opportunities for students that face barriers to further education.
The two scholarships created are:
- Riverina Oils Scholarship – established to assist students facing significant barriers, to undertake university study.
- Riverina Oils First Nations Agricultural Initiative Scholarship – aims to increase greater participation of First Nations people in the agricultural sector where they have been under-represented for generations.
Earlier this year, the recipients of this year’s scholarships were awarded and presented by our very own Head of Marketing, Melissa Clayton.
A big congratulations to…
- Katherine Charles – winner of Riverina Oils Scholarship
- Kade King – joint winners of Riverina Oils First Nations Agricultural Initiative Scholarship
- Lawana Warren – joint winners of Riverina Oils First Nations Agricultural Initiative Scholarship
We’re looking forward to fostering many more career pathways over the next three years!